The GP ended with a BANG (literally) and on Monday morning I crawled out of bed, not because I particularly wanted to, but because the bulders were in the house. I could tell as there was a lot of banging and drilling and banging and drilling and some awful music played very loud. I managed to get dressed and had a shower in the upstairs bathroom (although Mr Builder wanted to do some more banging and drilling there, I got my way). Snuck into the café on the corner where the owner Jimmy asked me if I was alright. I croaked that I was a bit tired, paid for my coffee and headed towards the city.
On Tuesday, the builders showed up again, but this time I snapped and when he said "How nice of you to get out of bed". I simply replied with a "Don't you f****ng dare talking to me about getting out of bed". I'm so proud of myself...
(Footnote to builder story: they have been "working" on the house for two months and we are all pretty fed up with having them around):
Great news - we have moved!! We have a lovely place not far away that we can call our own and since I am currently unemployed until mid April, I can spend my days pottering around in our little pad doing what I want; listening to music, reading a mag, drinking coffee or watching telly.
Talk later, Melbourne is offering her finest weather and I'm off to hang out in the sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment